Camping Checklist for Cold Weather Car Camping
Digitalnerds blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. we never accept free products from manufacturers.Learn more.
Here is our extensive list of items you should bring with you on your next winter camping trip. This camping checklist is compiled for all types of campers, from the beginner who is not quite sure what to bring camping to the seasoned veteran.
If you would like to customize our Cold Weather Car Camping list,you can print it out and add, delete or modify some items to suite your taste and interests.
COLD WEATHER CLOTHING
- Long-sleeved shirt (ie under armor)
- Long scout pants
- Long underwear (shirt and pants)
- Hat/Cap to go over ears, ski mask or balaclava
- Warm Gloves
- Warm jacket
- Fleece jacket, outer shell or pullover
- Rain gear (jacket & pants)
- Class-B scout shirts
- Scout socks (2-3 pairs)
PERSONAL GEAR & CAMPING ESSENTIALS
- Nalgene / Water bottle.Pick eithor one of the following recommendations:
1.27-Oz. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle with Loop Cap
2.18-Oz. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle with Loop Cap
3.Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Insulated with Loop Cap
4.hermos Nissan Intak Hydration Bottle,Stanley Vacuum Water Bottle
- Toiletry kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Flashlight / head-lamp
- Hand towel / Shower towel
- Money for food during car ride
TENT & SLEEPING
- Tent, ground cloth, rain-fly
- Cold-weather rated sleeping bag
Note: If your sleeping bag is not rated for 20 degrees or below, long underwear and a closed-cell pad are a must!
- Air mattress or sleeping pad
Cold weather sleeping bag insert (fleece, wool or synthetic)
- Extra shirts, pants, jackets, layers, etc.
- 180 ear covers
- Hand / Foot warmer packs
- Additional warm undergarments
- Long shirts / pants
- Fleece or wool blanket
- Extra Gloves
- Ski Pants / Jacket
- Extra fleece jacket, outer shell or pullover
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Watch.Pick eithor one of the following camping watch recommendations:Timex Expedition WS4
Tech 4o Trail Leader 2
Casio Pathfinder PAW1500 Watch
- Camera .For camping camera recommendations,Please read “5 Best water proof camera’s for camping”
- Notebook, pen and pencil
- Extra flashlight / headlamp and batteries
- Pocketknife or multi-tool (Totin’ Chip required).The best multi-tool in the market are Leatherman 830039 New Wave Multitool with Leather/Nylon Combination Sheath and Leatherman 830846 Skeletool Multitool.
- Insect repellent
- Daypack (may be required on a hiking outing)
- Extra Nalgenes / water bottles
- Camp shoes or tennis shoes
- Sunscreen / sun protection
- Scout hat with brim
- Scout handbook
- Rope to practice knots
We at digitalnerds love to hear about new items to add to our cold weather car camping list, so if you have a suggestion, Please send us your comments. Have a great cold weather car camping camping trip!