The Uniden Atlantis 290 Floating Handheld 2-Way Dual Band Marine/GMRS Radio (Black) combines a powerful marine VHF radion that features fall NOAA emergency weather channels with a GMRS radio. It also meets IPX7 submersible waterproof standards. The Atlantis’ brilliant backlit LCD display makes it easy to use, day or night for the power to go anywhere.
Highlights of TLANTIS 290 Floating Handheld 2-Way Dual Band Marine/GMRS Radio
- Dual-band floating submersible VHF/GMRS marine radio
- 6W power boost key
- Glow-in-the-dark seals
- 10-hour battery
- Includes charging base, AC & DC adapters & belt clip
- NOAA Weather Channels – Sounds a warning tone when a hazard alert is issued.
- Vibrate Setting (GMRS only) – In GMRS mode, turn Vibrate on and off through the menu.
- 22 Channels (8 GMRS/14 FRS) + All Marine VHF Channels – It allows you to communicate on land with other GMRS-capable radios and all Marine VHF radios.
- 142 Sub Codes – Helps prevent interference from other users on the same channel.
- Dual and Triple Watch Operation – These different watch modes let you monitor up to two Coast Guard Distress/Hailing channels along with one regular marine channel.
- Weather Alert Watch mode – Mutes the radio while it monitors a preset Weather channel. It sounds an alarm if there are broadcasts on that channel. Put the radio in the charger to keep power on.
- Emergency 16/9 Channel Monitoring – It can scan one or both of these emergency channels regularly within normal scanning cycles.
- Large, Easy-To-Read Backlit LCD Screen
- AC & DC Adapter and Charging Cradle Included
- Glow Seals
- Alkaline Battery Capable
- External Speaker-Microphone Jack – An external speaker-microphone jack allows you to add an optional external speaker-microphone.